Not quite a gallery, and not exactly a museum, the VCU Institute for Contemporary Art (ICA) will be an incubator and creative center for the entire university dedicated to presenting innovative art of our time from around the world.
The 38,000 square foot building at the corner of Broad and Belvidere streets, designed by world-acclaimed Steven Holl Architects, will be a non-collecting venue focused on exploring the art of today and tomorrow. ICA programming will:
- Expose students and the community to the latest contemporary art
- Raise questions about social and cultural issues
- Encourage collaboration across university disciplines
- Develop new art and talent to challenge contemporary thinking
- Introduce new thinking through partnerships