HOW IT WORKS
- How to start a fund
- How does this whole process work?
- You launch your online t-shirt fundraiser on BonfireFunds.Com. The entire process is free. As long as you sell a minimum of 50 shirts, your cause receives $15 per shirt. We print and ship all the shirts you have sold directly to your supporters!
Whether you sell 50 or 5000 shirts (or even more), your cause receives $15 per shirt. If you are not able to sell a minimum of 50 shirts, your fund ends and no one is charged. Period. Risk free.
(We use an "All Or None" funding model where we don't charge your supporters until a minimum of 50 shirts are sold. Prior to the 50th shirt being pledged, we simply preauthorize your supporter's credit cards instead of charging them. Once the 50th shirt is pledged, all their credit cards are charged, and your cause receives $15 per shirt! Yes, we think it is genius too!)
- These aren't crappy race-day, give-away shirts are they?
- Absolutely Not! We are passionate about soft, comfy shirts that people actually want to wear! Your supporters will get to choose from six options when they checkout...
1) Softstyle, Lightweight T-shirt
2) Ladies Softstyle, Lightweight T-shirt
3) Basic Heavyweight T-shirt
4) Youth Heavyweight T-shirt
5) Longsleeve Heavyweight T-shirt
6) Hooded Sweatshirt
- How much do my supporters pay for these awesome shirts?
- All short sleeve t-shirts sell for $25, long sleeve t-shirts sell for $30, and hooded sweatshirts sell for $45. $15 from each item sold goes directly to your cause.
- Can I choose my own design and colors for my fund’s shirt?
- Yes, you can choose any design just as long as it is appropriate (Don’t be mean to others and don’t break any rules or laws). We offer 14 different shirt color options and your shirt design can have up to three colors placed on the front chest area of your shirt.
- When will my supporters receive their shirts?
- 8-14 days after the last day of your fund. Our goal is to try to have all shirts delivered as quickly as possible.
- Can I determine how long my fund lasts?
- Yes, you set the length of your fund between 7 and 50 days. We recommend that your campaign last 30 days or less. Since your supporters will receive their shirts 8-14 days after the campaign's last day, you want to get them their shirts as soon as possible. The sooner your supporters receive their shirts, the sooner they can wear them and help to perpetuate your cause.
- Can I relaunch my fund if I sell at least 50 shirts?
- Yes, you can choose to automatically restart your fund for a second, third, fourth (and so on) time. The same rules apply for each batch. A minimum of 50 shirts are always required or the fund will end, and no one will be charged.
- Does my fund need to be in support of a non-profit organization?
- No, you do not have to be a non-profit 501c(3) or even in support of a non-profit 501c(3). You can start whatever kind of fund you want, for whatever reason, as long as it abides by the Bonfire Funds’ Terms and Conditions. (Which in lawyer speak says DO NOT BE MEAN TO OTHERS AND DO NOT BREAK ANY RULES OR LAWS OR YOU WILL BE HELD LIABLE AND YOUR FUND WILL BE DELETED!)
If your organization is an approved 501c(3) or University you will receive a list of the names of all supporters along with each person’s mailing and email address. This will allow your organization to recognize each supporter for their charitable donation. Your organization must gain approval from Bonfire Funds for this to occur. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
MY QUESTION MUST NOT BE FREQUENTLY ASKED.
- How to buy a shirt
- $15 per shirt is donated in my name? What about long-sleeve shirts and hoodies?
- $15.00 from any item you purchase, gets donated on your behalf, to that fund's designated donor recipient. (All Short Sleeve T-shirts are $25, all Hooded Sweatshirts are $45 and Long Sleeve T-shirts are $30.)
- Does a fund have to sell a certain number of shirts?
- YES, we call it a Fund Batch Goal. Your fund has to sell at least 50 shirts in order for any to be printed and shipped.
- What happens to my money if 50 shirts are not sold?
- If a minimum of 50 shirts are not sold, then credit cards are not charged, money is not exchanged, shirts are not printed and the fund ends. Once you pledge to buy your shirt, your credit card is pre-authorized but not actually charged until the 50th shirt has been sold.
- Can a fund sell more than 50 shirts?
- Yes. Each fund has a set time window, up to 50 days, that is chosen by the fund creator. As long as a minimum of 50 shirts are sold within that time window, your fund can sell as many shirts as possible.
- Does Bonfire Funds take a percentage of each $15 donation?
- Absolutely not. Each t-shirt costs $25.00. Of that $25.00, $15.00 will always go directly to that shirt’s fund. The other $10.00 goes to pay for your t-shirt, the design print, printing production, WePay’s processing fees, credit card fees, taxes, website apps, staffing and keeping this business running so we can keep it free for you to raise money and support funds.
- How do I know where my $15 donation will go?
- Every fund profile will have a section that clearly states and designates “Where The Money Goes." It is your responsibility to validate the fund and its donor recipient.
- Since my shirt is shipped directly to me, will I be charged a shipping and handling fee?
- Yes, currently we charge a flat fee of $5 (U.S.) and $7 (International) for shipping and handling.
- Okay. I just bought a shirt, when will it arrive?
- If your fund is successful in selling a minimum of 50 shirts, we print and ship all shirts on the day after your fund closes. Your shirt(s) will arrive within 8-14 business days from the day your fund closes.
MAY I CONTACT BONFIRE FUNDS FOR AN ANSWER?
Bonfirefunds - Follow us on Facebook
We are working hard everyday to help causes do some good!
Keep up with us on Facebook and if you know anybody in need of raising money, send them our way and you might win free t-shirts!